Thinking of building one

Moderator: lncc

Postby lncc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 am

Glad to hear your going to build a CR13 Mario. Hopefully, Bicky and I will have the patterns cut over the Christmas holidays. You'd be welcome to bring your plywood over and cut yours from them. All you'd need at first are 4 sheets of 5mm for the hull panels, and 1 sheet of 9mm for the transom, and a two station basket mold which you can take-off the station lofting we've already made.
lncc
Davy Jones
Davy Jones

Postby electric eric » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:23 pm

If i purchase a plan online, how long will it take for the package to arrive? Can i already start building using your plans if i show you proof of payment, lncc? Just asking. I may join the bandwagon too. :lol:

electric eric
never rest if you're not tired
electric eric
Quarter Master
Quarter Master

Postby lncc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:56 pm

If I remember right it takes about 3 weeks for a printed set of plans to get here.

Yes, Bateau actually allowed EricP and I to do that for his CR13. You may even be able to ask for a discount if you don't anymore get the printed plans. You'll definitely save on shipping which I think is another $10. Just ask Joel Shine to send me an e-mail authorizing me to let you copy the plans, you could also just tell what your order number is and I could ask Joel.

It would be great Eric if you could join us.
lncc
Davy Jones
Davy Jones

Postby pinoypiper » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:56 pm

and the fleet grows... :D
pinoypiper
Commodore
Commodore

Postby punzalane » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:21 pm

electric eric wrote:If i purchase a plan online, how long will it take for the package to arrive? Can i already start building using your plans if i show you proof of payment, lncc? Just asking. I may join the bandwagon too. :lol:

electric eric

Tukayo!

You can build while thinking about plans
You may use mine and build
while waiting for yours :)
punzalane
Commodore
Commodore

Postby bangkero » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 am

I decided I'll build a CR13...thanks to lncc's convincing power :D .
I just ordered CR13 plans from bateau yesterday but they're close today up to Friday for thanksgiving, so I just have to wait until 29th (monday) for fedex to pickup the plans. I'm itching to have the plans already and start building.
bangkero
Bosun's Mate
Bosun's Mate

Postby lncc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:15 am

Great decision Sonny, congratulations. Deciding which boat to build is the first major hurdle all homebuilders encounter. The next major milestone will be when you make the first cut of the wood. There are a few hurdles to cross between now and then but with your enthusiasm I'm sure those will be a breeze for you. To help you along, I suggest you create your own topic in the Project's section of the forum. Please read through the various topics in the other sections but feel free too to ask questions on your project's topic.
lncc
Davy Jones
Davy Jones

Postby punzalane » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Welcome to the fleet Sonny :)
punzalane
Commodore
Commodore

Postby bangkero » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks Punzalane :)

Thanks Lncc, sure I have plenty of enthusiasm, but limited time :( . The most I can have probably is 10-15 hours a month to spend for the project. But hey, it means the longer it takes to finish the boat, the longer I'll experience the pleasure of building one... just trying to look on the bright side. :D

Rgds,
Sonny V.
bangkero
Bosun's Mate
Bosun's Mate

Previous

Return to Corsair 13 Class Owners Association