RC Sailing at MYC

Talk about radio controlled boats (sail or power) here

RC Sailing at MYC

Postby punzalane » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Bryan , on a very short notice, sent an invitation to give a demo of the RC sailboats at MYC last wednesday. Rey Tiongson, Awie Vasquez and myself showed up and spent most of the day playing by the MYC resto.

MYC opens its doors to our RC group....hopefully, a funsail/regatta can be organized soon.

:)
punzalane
Commodore
Commodore

Re: RC Sailing at MYC

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:07 pm

Hello are MYC still inviting rc sailboats to their club on occasions? I would like to bring osme One Metre trimarans to Manila
Attachments
Ian
Mate
Mate

Postby arvin555 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:19 pm

WOW! 1 meter Trimaran!!!

I am very excited! Welcome to PHBYC!

Unfortunately work has gotten in the way of my hobbies lately and have not gone sailing on big or RC boats for a while now. But I hope that we'll be able to meet up some time and also maybe get people interested in RC sailing again.

The only multihull RC boat I have seen so far has been a 30 inch Cat, so a Trimaran is very interesting for me, and truth be told, I have been trying to figure out how to scratch build one out of foam.

MYC doesn't have an open door policy about RC sailors, but in the future hopefully we can arrange to meet there, meantime please try to visit the PSA boat park (near MYC) or Subic Bay Yacht club, or The Lakeshore or Ninoy Aquino parks and wildlife.

I have not been actively RC sailing lately so I do not know if there are other new places to sail in. I know we were able to go sailing in Nuvali (Sta. Rosa Laguna) before, but not sure if they allow people to just go and put a boat in there.

I hope other RC enthusiast might chime in. ALso please google some more if there are other RC sailing groups here in Manila that I might not know of.

Will you be staying in Manila long?

Best regards!
Arvin
arvin555
Davy Jones
Davy Jones

Postby Ian » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:15 am

Hi Arvin - great to make contact with you and get your reply

I designed the One Metre trimarans myself whilst living in Australia and got a friend of mine to make the moulds, So far we have built 5 of them. They are not just sailing trimarans - they are hydrofoiling trimarans. They have foils on the floats and a T foil on the bottom of the rudder and in a breeze they lift up out of the water and hydrofoil. The fastest speed we have recorded so far is 28.8kph. We made the hulls, cross beams and foils, and then I fit out the boats with normal radio control components. They can be very fast and are great fun to sail.

I have some videos on youtube. Go here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqfh3PTWqtI
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTf9pedWdE

If you search for "Perth Mini40 Man" in you tube you will find other videos that I have made. I have three of these boats back at my home in Australia but could ship them out if I can find a place to sail them. I would be happy for pother people to sail them, I want people to enjoy the fun of multihulls. And they could start a class here, and if we could find someone who is good with fibreglass I could bring out the moulds and we could make boats here.
I moved to Manila three weeks ago. Australia is in a recession and so I needed to find work elsewhere. I am living in Pasig.

My email address is iholtkss@gmail.com and would love to hear from other model yachters

I also own two 10rater monohulls which are about 1.5metres long, but they have very deep keels (70cm)

Best regards
Ian
Attachments
Ian
Mate
Mate

Postby Ian » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:17 am

PS
Can you help with directions to the locations you gave me?

PSA boat park (near MYC)
Subic Bay Yacht club,
The Lakeshore
Ninoy Aquino parks and wildlife.

I'll investigate these locations next week

Many thanks
Ian
Mate
Mate

Postby arvin555 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi sorry for the late reply.

I sent you an email by the way.

For directions, I hope this works:

Subic

PSA sailing center Beside Folkarts

The lakeshore

I think you were able to track down parks and wildlife already!
arvin555
Davy Jones
Davy Jones

Return to RC Boats